Mold Remediation in Durham
Mold is a natural part of our ecosystem, so there will always be some amount of it in your home. It becomes a problem when the volume of mold reaches a certain threshold, or when there are toxigenic species present. In that case, you need mold remediation in Durham. We follow strict protocol to ensure we get the job done safely without causing further harm to your home.
When you choose Elite Moisture Solutions for mold remediation, we will:
- Seal off the affected area and HVAC system to prevent spores from traveling.
- Determine the source of the excess moisture.
- Remove damaged materials and store them in secure bags.
- Clean up using a HEPA vacuum and antimicrobial solutions.
- Return for a follow-up inspection to make sure no further treatment is needed.
Get a Free Estimate
Mold Removal VS Mold Remediation
Mold removal is the process of removing mold from your home. This is often done by using an ineffective store-bought solution. Mold removal does not address why the mold was able to form in the first place.
Mold remediation is the process of removing mold from your home and preventing it from returning. This is done by addressing the underlying issues that allowed the mold to form in the first place.
Mold removal is a temporary solution that does not address the underlying problems. Mold remediation is a permanent solution that prevents mold from returning.
Mold Remediation Benefits
Mold remediation has many benefits, including:
- Improving indoor air quality by removing mold spores from the air
- Reducing health risks associated with mold exposure
- Preventing structural damage to your home caused by mold growth
If you think you may have a mold problem in your home, call a professional to have it removed. Elite Moisture Solutions' certified technicians will inspect your home for mold and develop a customized plan.
Mold Inspection and Testing in Durham
Before we can start treating your mold problem, we first learn everything we can about it. This lets us create a custom treatment plan that’s tailored to your home’s unique conditions, ensuring you get the most efficient care possible.
To perform a mold inspection, we will:
- Start with a visual inspection to determine what parts of your home are affected.
- Record the relative humidity levels.
- Take lift tape samples to test for the presence of mold.
- Analyze the air quality using a pump and spore trap.
The Dangers Of Mold
Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye and are present in both indoor and outdoor air. When mold spores land on a damp surface, they will start to grow. Mold growth can cause structural damage to your home and may lead to health problems, such as:
- Respiratory infections
Mold is a common problem in homes, and it’s especially prevalent in crawl spaces. Mold loves damp, dark environments, and a humid crawl space provides the perfect conditions for mold to grow.
We Guarantee You’ll See Results
Dealing with mold is scary, but you can have peace of mind knowing that our mold remediation in Durham is backed by a Workmanship Warranty that lasts a full year after your service. If you have any issues, simply let us know and we’ll work hard to make things right.