Crawl Space Encapsulation in Durham
Your crawl space is more than just a place for spiders to hang out, it’s actually an important part of having a safe home. When it’s not sealed off properly, mold and mildew can thrive in your crawl space. Excess moisture can also weaken your home’s structural supports, leading to sagging floors and thousands of dollars in repairs. Save yourself the hassle by signing up for our crawl space encapsulation in Durham!
When you partner with Elite Moisture Solutions, we will:
- Thoroughly evaluate your crawl space, paying special attention to the subfloor.
- Collect relative humidity readings and moisture content samples.
- Check for cracks in the foundation and other issues that could let water inside.
- Safely remove damaged materials from under your home.
- Return for a follow-up to ensure moisture problems don’t continue.
Get a Free Estimate
What Is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Crawl space encapsulation is the process of sealing off a crawl space from the outside environment. This is typically done by installing a vapor barrier on the floor and walls of the crawl space, as well as sealing any openings that lead into the space. Encapsulation aims to create a dry, stable environment that is isolated from the outside world.
Crawl space encapsulation is often recommended as a solution to various problems, such as:
- High humidity levels in the crawl space.
- Condensation and water stains on the floors or walls.
- Mold growth.
- Musty odors.
- Uneven floors.
- Insects or other pests in your crawl space.
The Benefits Of Crawl Space Encapsulation
The benefits of crawl space encapsulation are many, but some of the most notable is that it can help to:
- Make your home more energy efficient by reducing the amount of air that escapes through the crawl space.
- Keep your home more comfortable by creating an insulating barrier between the outdoors and the living space.
- Prevent moisture damage by stopping water vapor from entering your home through the crawl space.
- Reduce mold and mildew growth by keeping the area dry.
- Eliminate musty odors by preventing moisture from accumulating.
- Protect your home’s foundation by stabilizing the soil around it and preventing water damage.
You’re Covered With Our Workmanship Warranty
Finding out you have mold in your home can be unsettling, but we’re dedicated to ensuring that’s a problem of the past. All of our jobs come with a one-year Workmanship Warranty, but our crawl space encapsulation in Durham is even better—it comes with a 25 year warranty. If you have any issues in that time, let us know and we’ll work to quickly make things right.