Crawl Space Services In The Triangle
Approximately 50% of the air in your home comes from the crawl space, so you want to make sure it’s in good condition. That’s exactly what crawl space encapsulation does! We seal off the area underneath your home to keep moisture away from the subfloor and joists. This prevents mold and mildew from forming and then circulating around your home.
When you partner with us for crawl space encapsulation, we will:
- Evaluate the crawl space, looking at the condition of the subfloor and insulation.
- Collect relative humidity and moisture content samples throughout the space.
- Inspect the foundation for cracks or other issues that are allowing water inside.
- Create a vacuum by placing the crawl space under negative pressure while clearing out moisture-damaged materials.
- Follow-up after the job is done to make sure the encapsulation is holding and doing its job.
Get a Free Estimate
Crawl Space Encapsulation Services
Once your crawl space has been encapsulated, you still have to keep the humidity level low. Ways to do this include making sure your foundation is insulated, improving drainage on your property, keeping vents closed, and installing a dehumidifier. The dehumidifier is the most efficient way to prevent humid air from building up and we can install one while performing a crawl space encapsulation.
We offer crawl space encapsulation services in:
Vapor Barrier Installation Services
Installing a vapor barrier is an important part of encapsulation. The barrier prevents water in the ground from evaporating into the crawl space and creating mold, mildew, and other moisture problems. This helps to prevent costly repairs and is a simple process when done by professionals.
Here’s how vapor barrier installation works:
- We ensure your property has adequate drainage to prevent rainwater from seeping under your home.
- A plastic moisture barrier is sized to your crawl space. We tape over any seams and secure it six inches up the wall.
- To prevent air leaks, we insulate around rim joists.
Foundation French Drain Installation Services
A French drain is a trench that contains a perforated pipe surrounded by gravel, which prevents the perforations from being blocked. This reroutes water away from your home’s foundation to prevent the water from leaking inside. Most French drains have an exit that’s downhill but they can also flow uphill, making them a great option for any homeowner!
Signs you may need a french drain installed:
- Water is accumulating in the basement.
- Damp walls.
- Foundation cracks.
- Musty smell.
We offer french drain installation services in:
Crawl Space Foundation Repair Services
Most foundation problems are caused by water, whether it’s too much water causing soil to expand or running water eroding the soil that the foundation is resting on. Indicators of foundation damage include cracked walls and ceilings, uneven floors, and gaps around doors or windows. If left untreated, these problems can worsen and make your home unsafe to live in. That’s where our foundation repair services come in.
When you trust Elite Moisture Solutions, we will:
- Carefully inspect your property to find what’s causing the damage.
- Pinpoint what sections of the foundation have been compromised.
- Create a custom treatment plan based on our findings.
- Perform structural repairs to make your home safe again.
- Keep you updated throughout treatment so you know exactly what’s going on.
Trust Our Workmanship Warranty
Your crawl space is more than somewhere for spiders to hang out, it’s an integral part of your home. We want to make sure that we’re giving you the best service possible, which is why our crawl space services come with a 12 month Workmanship Warranty, plus a 25 year warranty on encapsulation. If you have any issues during this window, let us know and we’ll jump into action to make things right!
Areas We Service Near Raleigh
As a locally owned and operated company, we take immense pride in serving communities in the Raleigh area. We work hard to help our neighbors and couldn’t imagine working anywhere else!